DEPARTMENT OF LANGUAGES
Department Of Malayalam
The department Malayalam was established in 1954. It offers second language Course for B.A/B.Sc,B.Com students. About 400 students have taken Malayalam as second language. Two permanent faculty members are there in the department. There have been an active Malayalam Association named “Sargavedi".
Department Of Hindi
The Department of Hindi, started functioning in 1954, by the teaching of Hindi as a second language in Pre-University level. In 1956, the college was upgraded and Hindi continued to be the second language in the degree level also. During the first few years, Smt.Lilly, Smt.Thankammal and Smt.Jayalekshmy served the college, temporarily. Later Smt. Padmini Devi and Smt.Rajamma . J , joined the department. Smt.Padmini Devi, rendered her valuable services as the Head of the Department till 1980. After that the Department was under the efficient leadership and guidance of Smt. J. Rajamma till 1992. Later Dr. K.V. Saraswathy took charge of the department till 2010. Smt. P. Usha Devi has also made her contribution to the department as a lecturer till 2000. .Now the department is fortunate to have to illustrious teachers Dr.Chithra N.R(HOD) and Dr. Sophia Mathew who have brought a rare distinction in the teaching of Hindi.
Department Of French