DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY
Search the truth and reach the truth.....
The department of chemistry was established in 1954 .Mrs.Saraswathy Nair and Sr.Genevieve Dissolve were the teaching faculties. B.Sc.Chemistry was started in 1957. The first batch of B.Sc.Chemistry students came out successfully in 1960. Despite the backwardness of the area, our students excel in the university examinations.
The year 1998-99 saw the inception of the U.G.C sponsored job oriented Degree course for clinical nutrition and dietetics, chemistry as one of the main subject.
The department transcends classroom teaching by reaching out to the community around through its numerous on going extension activities and projects undertaken.
Two fully equipped chemistry laboratories. Two balance rooms, one for B.Sc.Main students and the other for B.Sc.subsidiary students. Other facilities are :- Departmental library , Reading room , Computer with internet access, OHP, Electronic balance, Deionizer, Colorimeter, Air oven, Digital potentiometer, Digital conductivity cells..